Doom4duke@aol.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:15:30 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/00 6:47:19 AM, phil_abramowitz@msn.com writes:

>If you want to make a resin model - particually a Gundam "full action"
>kit -
>
>be prepared for lots of gluing, sanding filing and puttying. You'd better
>
>have a small hand drill as you will need to drill lots of holes in order
>
>insert polycaps and metal pins (which do not come with the kit). You will
>
>also need to paint *everything* - resin kits comes in one color - usually
>
>off white or yellow.
>

>Resin models are designed for experienced modellers - not those who just
>
>snap together their MG kits and claim that they've built a model.

How much skill do you need to build a resin kit? I have a finished MG Zaku
that looks almost (notice I said almost) looks like the 2000 Ora-Zaku contest
winner! Is that good enough, or do I need more skill? I also no how to
scratch build if that would help me at all. I am planning on getting a
Pretty Sammy resin kit.
Michael