Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
18 Oct 2000 00:39:56 -0000

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:23:02 -0700 Edward Ju <gundam@loop.com> wrote:
>>In a message dated 10/17/00 12:00:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>>hitokiri_darkscythe@yahoo.com writes:
>>
>>> Just face it, Bandai says its a gundam, IT
>>> IS a gundam.
>>
>>People said that about Macross II before it was banned from the continuinty
>>if I remembered correctly...
>
>It was? How so? Did it conflict with 7 or plus?
>
>Eddie

Macross II, as I recall, was not made by the original creators of Macross (it was another company's salute and tribute to the original), and was thus not official. Also, there was a massive outporing of fan dissatisfaction over its story. Thus, it was decided that it would not be considered official continuity, and Macross 7 was made as the official cannon sequel. Also, if you look at the timeline of it, there are problems as they state that no new VFs have been developed in so long (the period of which would conflict with the VF-11, VF-17, 19, 22, etc.). So, it is not official continuity, nor even as close as Do You Remember Love? (with its reference as the name of the movie version of the original events, and redesign of vehicles and characters to match DYRL?).

Roland