Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:49:48 +0800

At 05:10 PM 10/16/00 -0700, you wrote:
> Gundam W aint no Gundam! Sure the mechs have the typical Gundam look, but
hte story just ain't it. If you examine it, it would seem that the whole
original gundam timeline (UC 79 to 93 or CCA) is digested into the whole TV
series. Its like a 90's rehash of the old ones, but just absolutely lacking
in the aura of the original. Its just not Gundam! GG-Gundam is a whole lot
better, and Zechs is a cheap version of Char Aznable (doesn't even come
close!)

I beg to differ; it's just a different way of packaging the whole gundam
thing -- making it more palatable to '90's tastes (supposedly). I guess
it's just the way things are. I like GW for the particularly labyrinthine
way the story goes, as well as the near gothic musings of certain
characters. it's a great story, but just be prepared to see "super robot"
themes all over the place. Heck, be prepared to see sentai and
golion/dairugger influences all over the place.

flashlight.

url: www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486
fax: (632) 4167479