Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:27:03 -0700

 Honestly...I forgot the URL. I just remember the gist of the essay as being the difference of Tomino Gundams and "Knock-offs" I think I read it last year. Anyway, it did say that the knock-offs weren't necessarily bad, just that they aren't "real Gundam" in the Tomino style. He said something about appreciating Tomino's original ideas, and I guess I had agreed.

--

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:19:30 Edward Ju wrote: >> Don't get me wrong. When I say GW is no Gundam, I didn't mean that it >>sucks. As an Anime fan, GW still shines. I forgot the name of the website, >>but there's this essay by a guy named Ai Plus on Gundams and Knock-off >>Gundams. He reasoned that a gundam show is only true Gundam if Tomino is >>part of the production. If you ever get to read it it makes perfect sense! >>NEWTYPES are the most important part of Gundam (believe it or not) > >Oh yeah... it was translated by yours truly, but I don't think the gist of >the essay was what you were saying, unless it has been altered by whoever >put it up (without permission, most likely). BTW where did you see it from, >what's the URL? > >Eddie > > >New items added at least once a week! Check out my eBay auctions at: >http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=-gundam-&sort=3 >&since=-1&page=1&rows=0 >Please note the URL exceeds 80 characters and ends with "rows=0" not "sort=3" > > > >- >Gundam Mailing List Archives are available at http://gundam.aeug.org/ >

10% cash back on all your calls through 2000 at Lycos Communications at http://comm.lycos.com