Dynon, Andrew (ajdynon@students.latrobe.edu.au)
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:22:44 +1000

From: Edward Ju <gundam@loop.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:08:29 -0700

>>In a message dated 10/16/00 9:49:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>>charaznable@excite.com writes:
>>
>>> GWing they were like metallic
>>> superheroes
>>
>>That pretty much sums up why I personally don't enjoy Wing as much as the
>>other series. It seemed too silly and unrealistic to me how those 5 boys blow
>>through the opposition.
>
>LOL... I was talking to a friend yesterday, he admits that he spends so much
>time picking on what's wrong with Wing he's forgotten a lot about UC Gundam
>shows already.
>
>Give the Leos some buster rifles and they'll rip through the Wing boys no
>matter what they are piloting... oh wait, I forgot, this is Wing, they
>cannot be hurt unless the plot demands it!
>
>Eddie

It's just a different style of show. A typical action movie has the hero wading through a horde of goons without breaking a sweat, and that doesn't inherently make it a bad movie (if done well enough, it can be a very good thing), so why doesn't the same apply to mecha shows?

Realistic? Probably not. Entertaining? Quite possibly.