Franz Co (ms_slasher@mail.com)
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:21:42 -0400 (EDT)

hte story just ain't it. If you examine it, it >would seem that the whole
original gundam timeline (UC 79 to 93 >or CCA) is digested into the whole TV
series. Its like a 90's >rehash of the old ones, but just absolutely lacking
in the aura >of the original. Its just not Gundam! GG-Gundam is a whole lot
>better, and Zechs is a cheap version of Char Aznable (doesn't >even come
close!)

I wouldn't go as far as to say that Gundam W ain't no Gundam. Sure the
story seems like a rehash of the 0079-93 stories but that was fine with me.
As for lacking the aura, both Wing and G kind off had less of the aura of
the originals. At least Wing had some familiar elements, multiple political
factions, ideologies, kikcass mecha. G-Gundam felt more like Shin Getta
Robo if you ask me. Wing just felt a bit more sanitized (less tradgedy and
stuff). Wing also had good characters, being of course that it was partly
aimed at girls who are more interested in characters than in mecha. That's
just the way to look at it, G is wacky-racers gundam while W is pretty-boy
gundam (not that Char wasn't much of a pretty bot)

IMHO, it's this kind of snabbish attitude that keeps Wing fans from getting
into the originals.