Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 02:09:58 +0800

>Actual exchange between two 12-year-olds overheard in a convenience store
>last night:
>'Cool, Gundam WIng trading cards. You watch Gundam Wing?'
>'No, man, I can never figure out when it's on.'
>'Well, *obviously* you aren't *hip*.'
>Hey, Gundam is hip now. Yay. ^_~
>- dom

Lucky for you. Here in the Philippines, there is such a sharp distinction
between the serious gundam fans and wingnuts that it's a crying shame. I
tried talking to one of these kids once, explaining that he should try
looking at the other Gundam anime, like G Gundam (yes, it's been shown
here, and yes it was popular), as well as the UC stuff, and what I got was
"But the robots are so boring in that stuff!" Egadz, I nearly became a
murderer.

flashlight.

url: www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486