James E. \ (Bimmicus@excite.com)
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:53:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:36:56 +0800, Richie Ramos wrote:

> That's probably going to have the size of a an MG or PG box. I wonder if
> it will have legs to go with it, or if they will release resin legs. For
> that matter, I wonder if they will give it MG detail. At that size, it
> would be no surprise.it would easily be around the size of the PG.

Actually, the ZEONG isn't that big. Official specs give a total height of
17.3 meters... slightly shorter than a ZAKU.

I'm sure this will still be a big kit, easily the most expensive HGUC thus
far, but I'd be surprised if it topped out over 2500 yen. The skirt moldings
will be enormous though, especially if Bandai does the right thing and
provides inner and outer shells. I'm hoping the styling takes after the old
1/220 resin kit and not the recent 1/100, which would make the skirts even
bigger, but I'm betting a "fit-the-box" approach will prevail.

I doubt we'll see a PERFECT-ZEONG variant in plastic. Not only would it be
very expensive, but it hasn't even been officially retconned into the 1YW
timeline as have many of the other MSV designs. I'm guessing those who want
legs for their ZEONG will have to look to B-Club, as always. Still, this is
great news if true (and when has the estimable Sir Loin ever let us down?).
That'll be one more crappy old kit I'll never again have to dirty my hands
with. Now if they'd just get busy with a new HG GUNDAM for the ZEONG to play
with...

J.E.D.

---

Nobody's family can hang out the sign "Nothing's the matter here".

-Chinese proverb

_______________________________________________________ Say Bye to Slow Internet! http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html