Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 23:36:31 +0800

At 07:02 10/14/2000 -0700, lemontea@earthlink.net wrote:
> Using the correct kanji, the translation is as follows;
>[kidou] means "mobility", but can also mean "maneuverability".
>[senshi] means "warrior" or "soldier".

        Right. I realised that myself after a little poking around. However,
since I'm a Chinese, the Kanji immediately had a different meaning for me --
Ji1 Dong4, or mechanized.

        Just goes to show that two very similar Eastern cultures can still
have quite a bit of difference.

        As a matter of opinion, I prefer the "warrior" translation, mainly
because MSes aren't soldiers, merely tools. Mobile Warriors or Mobile
Soldiers still sounds better than Mobile Fighters though. =)