Diego Bustamante (bustamanted@hotmail.com)
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:21:41 -0500

I don't care, as long as the Gundam series come to the US I'll be happy.
By the way, anyone heard about the new X-men: Evolution WB series? Premise
looks sort of stupid. By the way, anyone know where I can find a MG Rx-78
20th anniversery coating edition?
----- Original Message -----
From: Roland Thigpen <jenius@unspacy.org>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 3:47 PM
Subject: Re:[gundam] Bye, Bye Escaflowne

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:34:04 -0400 Chris Maier <oom9@crosswinds.net>
wrote:
> >Well, apparentally The Vision Of Escaflowne, Bandai's second experiment
in
> >bringing anime to TV, has been canned due to poor ratings, despite
Digimon's
> >lead in. Oh well. I suppose it goes to show that if you're not a monster
> >catching show with a trading card tie-in, you're doomed as far as
Networks
> >go. Cable is another story, however.....
> >The replacement:
> >Nascar racers.
> >*Shudders*
>

> Last I heard, Escaflowne was getting fairly decent ratings. Oh well, at
least the DVDs are well worth the price. None of that crappy editing Fox
did, original intros on both subbed and dubbed versions, and the dub is
really good, IMO. And the music vids....I really liked them too.

> The only problem was that my DVD didn't have any of the info it was
supposed to have about the tarot card set. Did have 8 customer response
cards though (as if I need that many).