Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
12 Oct 2000 20:47:34 -0000

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:34:04 -0400 Chris Maier <oom9@crosswinds.net> wrote:
>Well, apparentally The Vision Of Escaflowne, Bandai's second experiment in
>bringing anime to TV, has been canned due to poor ratings, despite Digimon's
>lead in. Oh well. I suppose it goes to show that if you're not a monster
>catching show with a trading card tie-in, you're doomed as far as Networks
>go. Cable is another story, however.....
>The replacement:
>Nascar racers.
>*Shudders*

Last I heard, Escaflowne was getting fairly decent ratings. Oh well, at least the DVDs are well worth the price. None of that crappy editing Fox did, original intros on both subbed and dubbed versions, and the dub is really good, IMO. And the music vids....I really liked them too.

The only problem was that my DVD didn't have any of the info it was supposed to have about the tarot card set. Did have 8 customer response cards though (as if I need that many).

Roland