-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:31:58 -0700

I'd transcribe that as "Stefan" -- pronounced STEF-un or ste-FAN, depending on
whether you're Western or Eastern European.

> Hibben (this is a guess, maybe Hebon)

Considering that the H-line does double duty as the F-line and the B-line (which
is the H-line with a nigori, just as the P-line is the H-line with a maru) does
double duty as the V-line, you could transliterate this as "Feben" or "Feven" or
"Heaven"...

> Gonna have to bring you a Katakana sheet sometime Neil, its really easy
> to match the characters with a sheet, its trying to make sense of the sounds
> into English/French/German or whatever language the Bandai/Sunrise guys
> are reading when they make a series.

Ain't THAT the truth. And then they forget whatever it was (or, at leat, how to
spell it) and come up with their own Romanization. So "Camille" becomes
"Kamiyu" or "Kamiru"...

My favorites is also from 0083: Lucette Audevie, which by rights should be
Lucette Eau-de-Vie, after the clear French brandy.

-Z-