Sedusa66@aol.com
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 01:33:07 EDT

In a message dated 10/7/00 7:02:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
goner4sure@yahoo.com writes:

> it's more like
> totalitarianism under the facade of communism -- an
> idealogy which has never seen actual faithful
> practice, and only bastardized tainted interpretations
> of it, from what i can see.

I agree completely.

> i'm no political genius (i have no mind for politics),
> but from banging heads here and there online, i've
> come to conclude that most people (americans mostly)
> just hate communism for the sheer heck of it (just coz
> it's always been democracy vs. communism) without
> truly understanding what's wrong with communism or
> even if it IS the communist part that they hate, or
> the evils that people do in the name of communism.

I dunno, I think communism is wack, but apart from the philosophy in a
greater sense, what I don't like is the total failure of the 'communist'
countries to make it anything different than what you state above. The
communist government model which has been used by the major communist
countries of this (not quite 2001 yet) century just doesn't work.

> to give an analogy: saying "communism is evil" and "i
> hate communists" is like saying you hate christians
> because christianity is evil for the way it converted
> many unbelievers by the sword and how many many
> un-christian knowledge and texts were burned. (and
> how far is that mentality from saying "i hate
> communists - china is a communist nation, therefore
> all chinese are communists, therefore i hate all
> chinese"?) you want to hack on something, then hack
> on the people who claim to be christian and yet
> practice atrocities. in the same vein, hack not on
> communists, but on the people who misuse the ideology.
> (for the record, i think democracy is no better than
> communism)

Definitely. I loathe a certain kind of fundie, and also a certain kind of
commie, but as long as someone's ideology is live and let live, I have no
problem with them.