Sun, 08 Oct 2000 21:04:11 +1000

I was talking to a friend the other day, and he mentioned that "Every
Gundam series involves the bad guys trying to drop something on Earth!". I
took it upon myself to assess the veracity of this statement.

GUNDAM ANIME IN WHICH SPACENOIDS ATTEMPT TO DROP BIG NASTY THING ON EARTH
Series Object Success?
First Colony Yes
ZZ Colony Yes
CCA Asteroids Yes (first one)
0083 Colony Yes
Wing Libra No
EW Colony No (but they were only threatening it)
X Colonies Yes
Total: 7 anime

GUNDAM ANIME IN WHICH SPACENOIDS DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DROP B.N.T. ON EARTH
(I haven't seen all of these, correct me if I'm wrong)
Zeta
0080
F91
08th MS Team
Turn A
Total: 7 anime

Thus, we can conclude that in a given Gundam anime there is a 50% chance
that spacenoids will attempt to Drop A Big Nasty Thing On Earth.
Spacenoids who wish to express their dissatisfaction with the Earth
government and assist the human race's evolution are advised to use
colonies in these schemes, as when they are actively deployed (as opposed
to merely being used as a threat) they always manage to make planetfall.
Asteroids have a fifty per cent success rate, and the only attempt to drop
a space station on Earth ended in failure.
Andrew Dynon

"Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually, there's just the
hard way."
- Buffy, _Welcome to the Hellmouth_

Doyle: I've been sent by The Powers That Be.
Angel: The powers that be what?
- Angel, "City Of..."