-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 16:09:32 -0700

I think that's an apples and oranges comparison. Beavis & Butthead and South
Park were both intetnionally provocative and garnered a significant amount of
media coveragae that was, in effect, free advertising. It also served to bring
it to the attention of people who weren't in the actual audience, target or
otherwise. We all know how certain people like to censor things they haven't
seen, based solely on second, third, and even tenth hand reports.

While anime in general has come under fire regardless of venue, no one's singled
out Gundam Wing as a cable-borne corrupter or American youth. And I don't think
anyone will until it gains a larger and more mainstream audience, which will
require network TV or theatrical exposure.

-Z-