Quatro (joemann4@edsamail.com.ph)
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 20:21:04 +0800

gundam@aeug.org wrote:

>>I agree on this. I mean, robots (mecha) has been a part of most people's
>>lives (those who grew up in the Philippines). for me who was born in 1976,
>
>>I could still remember (barely) watching Voltes V on its first run,
>>including others like Mazinger Z, Mekanda Robot, and others. I think kits

I haven't watched those classic but the Super Robot Taisen series makes them intresting to me. Getta's theme song is great.

>>for me, mini-4WD racing is like horse racing without the jockey. or to us
>
>>Filipinos, let's just say it's something like the "karera ng mga daga"
>
>more like dog races. it still is very weird to me.

Although I believe its just a passing fad in our society, they make great trainers in model building especially if one is clumsy. (like me) . As of now I'm sticking with bootleg 4wd until I get my 1st UC model(UC MS are more realistic to me although finding them here is difficult{I'm aiming for a 1/144Nu Gundam or Zeta Gundam}).

>>just imagine last Christmas, how many of those that bought Gundam kits were
>
>>actually modelers? I'm sure all of you noticed that about 95% of the kits
>
>>bought were G Gundam kits because those were the "in" kits at that time.
>
>True, but still, some of those kids will become collectors...whom we should
>nurture, or at least know about.
>
>>I agree, but too bad I can't contribute =(
>>but you know, Hong Kong is a good source for kits, its closer to Manila than
>
>>Japan and generally kits are cheaper than advertised in HLJ. maybe I'll
>>find a contact who could constantly ship kits to Manila on a per order basis
>
>>ala HLJ, wouldn't that be great? cheaper kits, cheaper shipping!
>
>Why not let's partner with him? MECHAPINOY, the SHOP! I am not kidding, let's
>all make this worth our while, kahit na pang baon ko lang sa isang linggo makuha
>ko dito, okay na ako. labor of love ang usapan...although hindi sa baon mapupunta
>ang pera. kits na lang.
>
>I'm game for this. Kayo?
>
>>and we might get complaints from the local feminist group ^_^ j/k
>
>Mars? Noelle?
>
>>> How very true. If anyone comes up with "char is really
>>> czechs", i will stomp him.
>>Zechs sucks! copy cat!!! ^_^
>>j/k
>
>You said it! he's basically a ver2.5 of Char, with bishonen looks thrown in
>for good measure!

I didn't know Char had a bug 8> just kiddin!