Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 01:10:37 -0700

>my guess is
>that Bandai doesn't generally consider it an important enough detail to
>bother with on their cheap kits. I have to admit it's kind of a non-issue
>for me as well.
>
>J.E.D.

Everytime a translucent beam blade/monoeye part is involved, they've got to
run the parts tree through the mold again (same thing with each additional
color on a System Injection tree), which adds to the cost of the kit. Bandai
went crazy with SI in the early 90s and wised up to the "hidden" costs so
they gradually phased it out from their Gundam kits. Nowadays you hardly
even see SI parts on a MG kit, they only SI the tree, but not individual
parts. Just look at the shoulder of the original MG Gundam and compared
it with the ver 1.5 kit.

Considering the price range of the HGUC kits, plus the wide availability
of third-party parts in Japan, there's little incentive for Bandai to
include translucent parts in HGUC kits, not to mention they gotta have
some exclusive features saved for the MG kits, other than being 1/100 in
scale.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0