Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 23:58:34 -0700

>Well, as someone pointed out, Bandai has released three new (well, one
>semi-new) pla kits of the original GUNDAM in just the last two years. That's
>a lot, eh? Problem is, every single 1/144 RX-78-2 they've ever made has been
>crap.

With the Kado Senshi toy out, I see little need to make a new 1/144 kit for
the RX-78-2. It's too expensive? I've seen it sold for about half its SRP.
It's not a model kit? Didn't stop people from converting it to a GM.

>Short point being, the 0079 kit renewal begun with the very first HGUC
>release is not going to be complete until all the major players are
>accounted for, especially the GUNDAM... and it's just not clear when or if
>that's going to happen. I'm guesing the 0079 mechs that have the best chance
>to be made right now are the ACGUY and the ZEONG... though I kinda hope I'm
>wrong in this case.

I doubt we'll see an Acguy anytime soon, they haven't even made a MSiA of it.
Except for the GunTank, every 0079 HGUC kit has a MSiA counterpart.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0