James E. \ (Bimmicus@excite.com)
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 18:52:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 21:10:35 EDT, BlazeEagle wrote:

> Yep, I agree. It seems maybe a bit lower type of HG has become
standard?,
> as the 1/144, Turn A while not labeled as such, was very much a HG kit,
the
> 1/100 more so.

Hard to really define HG anymore. In my opinion the only true modern HG kits
have been the 1/100 G/W/X class. HGUC qualifies, but just barely. And then
there are those kits that have no business being touted as HG, like the
08MST two-pack and the G-UNIT kits. It's become a somewhat debased label,
and is almost meaningless these days, as kits with full-color moldings and
full-action joints are forced to share the HG mark with sticker-laden
rubber-capped candy toys like the HYDRA-GUNDAM.

The really awful detail and simplistic moldings of the MG FAZZ's add-ons are
giving me some doubts about the future of the MG label as well...

J.E.D

---

Nobody's family can hang out the sign "Nothing's the matter here".

-Chinese proverb

_______________________________________________________ Say Bye to Slow Internet! http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html