BlazeEagle@aol.com
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 21:50:18 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/2000 9:38:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Bimmicus@excite.com writes:

<< Was referring to the tiny separate part (ring) you'd need to be able to
plug
 a blade into the end of the beam saber. Thin one-piece moldings like saber
 blades and hilts are restricted to male plugs, thus the need for a hollow
 adapter. These wouldn't be so small for something like the RICK-DIAS or the
 HYAKU-SHIKI, but for thin sabers like the GP-01's, they'd be positively
 microscopic. Still, the HGUC GYAN got a plug-in beam saber... my guess is
 that Bandai doesn't generally consider it an important enough detail to
 bother with on their cheap kits. I have to admit it's kind of a non-issue
 for me as well. >>

  no, it can be done. The MSiA Tallgeese action figure has removeable beam
saber blades, so it can store the saber hilts in it's shield. MSiA's are
smaller then 1/144 kits. Yes, I know how the MG kit's hilts are made. The
MSiA Tallgeese's blades have a peg that snaps into the saber hilts. So since
it's done on an MSiA, it can be done in 1/144, no doubt about it.

Aaron
"Believing a sign of Zeta"