Richard Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 01:56:06 -0700

> > HGUC rx-78-2 with the weird combining plane/tank, maybe?
> I'd thought of that... the main shot against a new HG RX-78-2 is that
> there's already an HG RX-78-2, and Bandai is notorious for hardly ever
> cancelling a GUNDAM kit outright. So a new HG GUNDAM at 1200 yen or so
> doesn't seem the least bit likely. Doing one as part of a much pricier combo
> kit might be one workaround... but is the G-ARMOR popular enough to support
> it? And would this RX-78 still get short shrift? After all, Bandai's now had
> FOUR chances to get this one right in 1/144 scale, with little success so
> far.

I think the G-armor is kinda popular...the resin version to
go with the FG is simply beautiful. I have the old one, and
all I can say is that it IS NOT 1/144, bus some weird scale
between 1/144 and 1/100, in order to accomodate the old
gundam kit, which comes with it...yes, I have the original,
the HG and the FG versions...I think that they should have a
new Gundam kit, and if it means pairing it up with the
G-armor, then I say go for it.

> Here's my solution for it, though... RETIRE THE OLD HG KIT. Yo, Bandai
> guys, it SUCKS, let it DIE. Give it a proper viking funeral, let it pass on
> to that rarified realm of GunPla collectibles, but ferGODZsake, GIVE US A
> DECENT 1/144 RX-78-2!!!
> Helloooo? I'm TALKIN' HEAH!
> J.E.D.

How very true.