James E. \ (Bimmicus@excite.com)
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 09:04:20 -0700 (PDT)

> HGUC rx-78-2 with the weird combining plane/tank, maybe?

I'd thought of that... the main shot against a new HG RX-78-2 is that
there's already an HG RX-78-2, and Bandai is notorious for hardly ever
cancelling a GUNDAM kit outright. So a new HG GUNDAM at 1200 yen or so
doesn't seem the least bit likely. Doing one as part of a much pricier combo
kit might be one workaround... but is the G-ARMOR popular enough to support
it? And would this RX-78 still get short shrift? After all, Bandai's now had
FOUR chances to get this one right in 1/144 scale, with little success so
far.

Here's my solution for it, though... RETIRE THE OLD HG KIT. Yo, Bandai
guys, it SUCKS, let it DIE. Give it a proper viking funeral, let it pass on
to that rarified realm of GunPla collectibles, but ferGODZsake, GIVE US A
DECENT 1/144 RX-78-2!!!

 Helloooo? I'm TALKIN' HEAH!

J.E.D.

---

"Nobody's family can hang out the sign "Nothing's the matter here".

-Chinese proverb

_______________________________________________________ Say Bye to Slow Internet! http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html