Char Aznable (charaznable@excite.com)
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 02:42:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 04:24:07 EDT, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> I do not think it is over kill. It is after all the Gundam that started
it
> all and a lot of people, me included, really like the RX-78. Besides, a
PG,
> two MG's and an FG is not over kill, it's a well loved design and it
deserves
> a new kit. It sales well and it's well loved and it's natural for it to
be
> made as multiple kits. Besides, according to the reviews, it's more like
an
> MG and a half, not two MGs. The second one is a revision of the MG, more
then
> a total remake. It's like Win 98 compared to Windows ME, has some new
stuff,
> but is basically the same thing.

yes, it's basically the same stuff but like Win98 and WinMe, you need to pay
the full price for each. actually you can buy a cheaper version of WinMe
that will upgrade Win98, but not the same case for the RX-78-2.

anyway, just like I said, they have released a lot of different versions of
the RX-78-2 in the past year and I doubt they will come out with it in the
near future, but I won't be surprised if they do, maybe mid next year the
earliest? I think they'll concentrate on other kits first before making
that one

> Besides, there IS an HG UC Gun Cannon and Guntank you know. While the
old
> HG kit maybe be good, it is still OLD. There's plenty of minor
improvements
> to justify an HG UC of it anyone. Like the clip on shield holder, the
pieces
> that cover up the polycaps in the elbows and knees, to make the joints
look
> "real". I am sure Bandai will release one eventually, anyway.

well, for one thing they don't have an MG Guncannon and Guntank while there
is an MG of the RX-78-2. of course they would make newer versions of old
kits because of the new technology, and of course if the kit is still
popular. but like I said, the past year or so, they have released 4
versions of the RX-78-2 and releasing an HGUC version of it would be
overkill, at least for this time. I'm sure they'd be more interested to
release other kits in the HGUC line. I'm praying for a better Jagd Doga and
other CCA kits.

anyway, that's just my opinion on it