Emery Calame (palaeomerus@excite.com)
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 01:36:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000 22:13:59 -0600, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I realize this is somewhat off topic, but didn't someone on the list once
> mention a freeware 3D modeling program?? I think it was in relation to a
> program that could make UC MS from stock rendered part. I may be
confusing
> two or three different programs, but I need to find out more data, as I
am
> thinking of trying to start modeling.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Windows Polygon Modeller/Renderer/Animation
FREEWARE!

Anim8or (better than nothing)
http://www.anim8or.com/

Strata 3d (best choice for a beginner, a cut-down of their pro suite)
http://strata.com/downloads/dnloads.html

Blender 3d (Free, mighty, and has the oddest interface I've seen yet)
http://www.blender.nl/

For pure spline-based windows modeling w/ no rendering:

http://www.geocities.com/pjpii_2000/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza/6625/soft10.html

Also check the graphics links section of

http://www.povray.org

Hope this is helful.

Emery Calame
(palaeomerus@excite.com)