Brandon Perlow (nurbs@pacbell.net)
Tue, 03 Oct 2000 02:44:56 +0100

I think within 50 to 100 years we could come up with something better than that..
Id like to see a mech made of composites.. Why use metal at all except for some
mechanical parts. The frame and armor could be a carbon fiber and/or ceramic ,
which would be lighter and stronger than any metal or alloy. With manufacturing
technology improving (unless we get a really nasty war that throws us back a bit,
which sort goes against the ability to space colonize) I think we would see more
organic forms to mechs.. The more you try to emulate human motion , the more you
have to emulate human form.. Straight and angular parts dont lend themselves to the
fluidity and flexibilty of human motion.. I think the whole concept of designing
mechs should be changed.. This gunboy looks like a step back. It looks like
something out of popular science of 30 years ago or something from "amazing
stories". Interesting but not classic. I dont see this going from NewType to
full-fledged anime...