Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 13:07:44 -0400

Is it upgraded at some point in ZZ?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of Mark Simmons
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 12:59 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] ZZ and enhanced ZZ

Chris Maier asks,

> Could someone enlighten me as to what is the main difference between the
two?

  The Enhanced ZZ Gundam (the precise term is "kyoka", as in "kyoka-ningen,"
the enhanced humans of Z and ZZ) is pretty similar to the regular version;
it has four large backpack thrusters instead of two big and four little
ones, extra vents (verniers?) on its shoulder armor, a different arrangement
of missiles in its backpack, and spikier skirt armor and heel thingies. As
you can tell from Dafydd's specs list, it's a bit heavier, with about a ton
more carried weaponry and two tons more propellant. A couple more
manuevering verniers, too.

  Presumably it can still separate and transform like the regular version,
but I don't think we ever see it actually do this.

-- Mark, who will be off-list for the next two weeks while vacationing in
Japan & Hong Kong...