Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 01:01:57 -0700

>Agreed, it did get better in the end, from the brief bits I heard. Its
>entirely unacceptable to keep VA's in the dark like that. I think it should
>be mandatory that all dub VA's watch the series (in its entirety!) in which
>they're acting, in subtitled form. This will give them some idea of the
>mannerisms and characteristics of the original seiyuu, along with a "big
>picture" type view of how their character works. Methinks this would solve
>many of the bad dub problems that plague us..

While that's the way dubs should be done, it does increase production cost
to a level where it might be prohibitive and would extend production time
by months. If a dubbing studio does this, it'll only make them less
competitive in the marketplace even if their quality of work is miles ahead
of the rest of the competition. Also, some of the voice actor probably can't
be bothered to watch the entire series as they're just in it for the
paycheck, not the love of the series they're dubbing over.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0