Sun, 01 Oct 2000 23:31:49 -0700

Echo|Fox wrote:

> Things have been a little slow lately, so time for another GML interaction
> test =)
> So ... name your 3 favorite mechanical designs (i.e. be they giant robots,
> all the way down to powered suits) from series/movies other than Gundam.
> Let's keep it restricted to anime for now, so no video game designs. To make
> it more challenging and encourage more debate, you also should state why ;p

Hmm... Let's see... Decisions, decisions...

1.) The Typhoon II (I think that's the designation) motorslave from episode 6
(Red Eyes) of the BGC OVAs. To be honest, it looks a little odd when compared
to the rest of the designs in that series, as it seems to look a little more
like a conventional mecha unit than everything around it (especially the other
motorslaves), but it looks pretty cool. The hard suits are right up there, too.

2.) The Escaflowne. As others have said, big sword, big armored suit. Its
fantasy roots are so obvious that you could probably argue that calling it a
mechanical is cheating, in a way.
I could throw the Aestevalis in as number 3, but there are so many shows with
great designs that I haven't seen for at least 5 or 6 years, that I think I
ought to leave that final entry blank.

junior