Jeremiah Bourque (jbourque@auracom.com)
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 21:30:19 -0300

>I wonder if this wasn't more the V/O director's fault? And/or
possibly a
>recording schedule that didn't allow the cast to become familiar with
their
>characters?

Of course it is, but you'll never see them admit it. The people who
did the DiC dubbing for Sailor Moon (keep in mind, the work was
subcontracted) were not nice people. Put bluntly, the word put out was
rather overwhelming that the woman was a bitchy egomaniac. A lot of
such people inhabit showbiz, and there's only so many shops that do
this kind of dubbing, so what happens is, you have the same people
doing the same crappy jobs because they're "The best in the Business".
Scary thought, isn't it?

I'm just a translator, so no way can I do anything about this end of
it..

JB