Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 15:13:51 -0400

Animenation kind of bungled up my order too.... I ordered X and G models
from them, plus a GM command. I only ended up with a GM command-which is a
fine kit by itself-but the others were on backorder-and I believe are still
not in stock.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of Echo|Fox
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2000 4:01 PM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: Re: [gundam] Actionace vs. Gundamshop

I wasn't terribly thrilled with GundamShop:
1. They billed my credit card on the 5th, and didn't ship it until the 7th.
VERY bad form.
2. No way of checking your order status without e-mailing them.
3. Prices are only "Average". They're not trying to rip you off (much) but
there are no deals to be found here.
4. Shipping time was abnormally long. Fully 3 weeks before it arrived, and
the box wasn't even opened by customs. I have no idea what's up with that. I
recieved items I bought from eBay a week/week and a half later on the same
day as my GundamShop order.

All in all, i doubt i'll order from them again. You can easily get better
prices on MG kits from eBay, and they're perpetually out of stock on most
things. Their MSiA prices aren't horrible, 14.99$, but that's a full 50%
markup over yen price. I'd have to say I was happier with my order from
AnimeNation in all ways. Close to the same prices, and AnimeNation just
seemed more professional.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler