James E. \ (Bimmicus@excite.com)
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 10:42:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:10:31 GMT, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> WHA???? Why do you feel that the Alex is overrated? I thought that the
kit
> was great to build and it holds up nicely. Plus I love pretty much all of

> the mech from 0080.

I'm gonna have to go with the"overrated" mark here too. While the ALEX is
one of my favorite GUNDAMS bar none, and I'm thrilled to finally have it in
1/100 scale. I find I just can't look too closely at it. It's like if your
kid is ugly, or you know your candidate is crooked. There are just too many
weird little inconsistencies in the sculpt of this kit, and too many
construction bugaboos overall, especially in the legs and backpack. The kit
as a whole lacks the refinement seen in the better MG's, and its problems
promise to be fairly challenging to correct. Coming right on the heels of
the fabulous DOM, I found it disappointing.

Still, the basic looks of the kit are pretty good. Viewed on a shelf from a
comfortable distance, it looks just fine. And it rocks all over the putrid
1/144 effort. Now if we can just get an HGUC out of it...

J.E.D.

---

Nobody's family can hang out the sign "Nothing's the matter here".

-Chinese proverb

_______________________________________________________ Say Bye to Slow Internet! http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html