Echo|Fox (echofox@wingzero.net)
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 22:30:51 -0700

Well, let me count the ways:
1. Plastic colors are ALL WRONG. Which is entirely unacceptable for an MG
kit. Obviously they always look better with paint, but it should be
presentable in unpainted form. The white color is this really nasty, glossy,
shiny color that looks horrible. The plastic on the MG RX-79[G] is perfect,
it looks great even unpainted.. Same for the blue on the alex ... its too
shiny and is the wrong shade of blue.
2. It's _really_ floppy. I have a hard time getting decent poses out of it
because of how loose the leg joints are.
3. The side leg armor just doesn't seem all that solidly concieved, and
routinely falls off. It certainly needs glue there, but i'm holding off
until some day when I paint it and get rid of the horrible color...

Right now i'm in the process of assembling the MG GM Custom, which shares
the upper body with the Alex, but from what I've seen, fixes my main
complains about the legs. Plus it comes with the single coolest shield I've
seen in an MG kit yet =)
Don't get me wrong, the Alex is one of my favorite designs (easily in the
top 3), but the MG kit is a _huge_ dissapointment.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler