Ricky Lai (x-lai@uchicago.edu)
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:18:35 -0500

If Zion were to start apologizing for some of her less-dignified subjects,
shouldn't the Federation begin their list of apologies as well? Why hasn't
anybody kept count of the crimes a corrupt government like the Federation has done
to its people? Are the people in the Earth circle to sit and wait for the
Federation to suck the last bit of life out of humanity? Just because the crimes
of Zion military are pettier and physical, hence more obvious, doesn't mean
everyone should ignore what the Federation is committing behind the scenes. The
Federation might have been elected, but there was only one election in the
beginning -- and no one was able to dispose of them ever since. With their
political advantage, they require no effort in making the Zions look like
totally-bad guys. I honestly never like Giren, nor the Zions in 0079/0080. Yet
it doesn't take them to reveal what the Federation truly is: a puppeteer who
steals while the audience was too focused on the puppet.