Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:16:45 GMT

>Wait, I think Eddie is right at this point? How did Axis got rid of those
>"Zeon" ideals? Way I see it, Haman Khan "SAYS" that they did but in
>reality
>Haman Khan was not too different from Giren? She set up Minerva as a
>figure-head while keeping the real power for herself(Just like how Giren
>set
>his father Dekin as a figure-head) and besides, wasn't her ideals almost as
>crazy "maniac" as Giren's?
>
>Hyun Kye

Exactly... Ricky, I think that you're missing Tomino's original message
about Zeon, because you're blinded by the Pro-Zeon rhetoric that was thrown
around in 0083, and to a lesser extent in 0080. Remember that, no matter
how corrupt the Earth Federation is in the anime, they are still the
legitimately elected government. The Zabi regieme is a dictatorship formed
when Zeon Daikun died, and Degin Zabi took power. Yes, Side 3 had seceeded
from the federation. BUT had the Federation taken any action against Zeon
prior to the war? No. ZEON started the war. Zeon killed most of the
population of three full SIDES in the first days of the war, then dropped a
colony on one of the most heavily populated cities on Earth! Even if it was
Giren working from behind the scenes, there's still no excuse for these
actions...

Ricky, I don't see how you can defend Zeon the way that you do... This is a
force who has officers like Aguille Delars, who is willing to drop another
colony on Earth for nothing more than Revenge, like Killing, who would nuke
a NEUTRAL Colony to destroy 1 MOBILE SUIT. Don't base your assessment of
Zeon merely on it's soldiers.... Anavel Gato is blinded by his own
fanaticism, while others like Steiner Hardy and Ramba Ral do see Zeon for
what it is... In the case of these two, they knew the truth, but they still
fought for them, not out of loyalty to their government, but rather a sense
of Bushido, knowing that they were being sacrificed needlessly...