Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:11:27 -0700

>I am very close to buying one, I just want these questions answered. On the
>old 1980 Zaku 2 kit, the legs can't move left to right.

Er... do you mean it can't attempt do a split or that the legs don't
swirl/turn at the hips?

>Can the FG Zaku's
>legs move left to right?

It's got a split-V type of connector to the legs at the hips, so it can
attempt to to a split but there are no polycaps so it is fixed at the
location where the rods connect with the legs and it is not possible to
"rotate" the legs at the hip joint. The split-v pegs are basically two
rods connected at the groin area so they can turn up and down independently
from each other:

                                                            /
                                                           /
                        \ / o o
        ---o--- \ / / \ /
                          o / \ /

The O is where the two rods connect at the bottom of the Zaku II's groin.
The legs connect to the ends of the pegs. Note that the angles are very
exaggerated, due to the limiting skirt armors the actual range of movement
is not as dynamic as the diagrams show.

>Should I get one?

If you don't like painting then don't bother. This kit seems to be targeted
at fanatic/hardcore modelers who are looking for a true challenge in mod
work. While the proportions and joints have been improved over the original
kit, it's really a base kit for people who want to add polycaps and do a lot
of detail works to achieve the PG/MG look on a 1/144 scale.

>What color is the plastic molded?

The lighter shade of green on the Zaku II, or pink in the Char's Zaku II kit.

>How long do the joints last?

Not too long - you're supposed to use your own aftermarket polycaps if you
don't want to make it fixed pose.

>How much would shipping be on HLJ( if anybody
>knows)?

They only send orders to the U.S. via UPS, so after all is said and done
you probably end up paying twice or 3 times over the kit's price on
shipping unless you're getting it as a part of a big order. You're
probably better off getting it from a U.S. store if that's all you're going
to get.

Eddie

>Thanks
>Michael