James Boren (jboren@earthlink.net)
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 23:57:32 -0800

Yutaka Izubuchi Mechanical Design Works 1: Realistic World

104pp. 2300yen ISBN 4-89601-490-1

0080 fans rejoice! This book covers Izubuchi's work on Gundam, (ZZ,
Char's Counterattack, 0080, Wing Gundam costume designs), Xabungle,
and Gasaraki. There are a few pages devoted to other series but the
bulk is made up of designs from these three series.

-GUNDAM
Unfortunately it is mostly line art that hard core fans would
probably have in other source books. There are some working designs
of the NT-1, RE-GZ, Jegan, and many of the ZZ MS but they are all
pretty close to the eventual designs. I didn't quite realize it but
it seems Izubuchi did everything from 0080. They have drawings of MS,
spaceships, vehicles, uniforms all from 0080.

-Xabungle
A lot of stuff from this series, everything but the hero mechs I think.

-Gasaraki
Some cool stuff from this series. Esp since I don't think much
information was ever published on it.

My favorite drawing is an Aqua GM which I think was cut from 0080.
It's too bad this one wasn't picked to be in giren's greed instead of
Okawara's.

Next up is vol. 2 Fantastic world. (Dunbine, Galient, & Super-Robots)

-James