James Boren (jboren@earthlink.net)
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 02:26:58 -0800

> >The MG Zaku II was exploited big time... they made the R-variants and
> >MG Zaku I variants off of it.
>
> How much recycling does the Zaku I kit have? Given that it's an
>ancestor of the Zaku II, I assume quite a bit.

I can easily answer this question as I just built the Zaku I a few months ago.
It is about 90% the same as the zaku II. The head, backpack, & chest
are the main differences. Since there are no conducting cables the
kit goes together simply. However I did notice that the older parts
aren't molded as crisply as usual, I think the molds are aging. The
hands are the worst! They can't hold anything. It's pathetic.
I also noticed this mold degredation between the old and new parts of
the MG GM.

Still, I like how these kits have more surface details. They have a
more real quality than these new ones that are being cranked out.

-james