Echo|Fox (echofox@wingzero.net)
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 13:51:13 -0700

Courtesy of www.animenewsservice.com

------------------------------
The November issue of Toyfare magazine includes some interesting Gundam
broadcast info. Previously known is the original Gundam TV series is likely
to debut on Cartoon Network during the first quarter of 2001. Questions
posed to Toonami's creative director, indicate that Bandai has "really
insisted" on Mobile Suit Gundam as the series to immediately follow Gundam
Wing, this was meant to introduce American viewers to the UC timeline from
the beginning, which will "open the door for several series to come."
Reportedly, this will allow CN to show the OVAs Gundam 0080 and Gundam 0083.
Toonami's creative director also added, "When MS 08th Team comes on, it will
be the greatest animated thing we've ever shown."
(On showing the original Gundam series on TV, Bandai has conveyed at
conventions that after the succes of Gundam Wing traditionally viewed as the
"most popular" Gundam series of the 90's, showing the original Gundam series
in the U.S. (in a recently reported Japanese poll of 200,000 people Gundam
was voted favorite anime of all time.), will lay a "foundation" on which 20
years of the Gundam franchise universe can be built.)

The Toyfare article also mentioned Bandai's future U.S. toy plans in the
U.S., Bandai's Vice President of marketing told Toyfare that while "nothing
is concrete," figures from Mobile Suit Gundam seem very likely in 2001.

All i've got to say is GO BANDAI! It's nice to see a company sticking to
their guns and going for the long haul, not just trying to make a quick
buck. Sure they're in it for the money, but now maybe the Wing kiddies will
understand why UC Gundam is so much better. MSG, 0080, 0083, and 08th MS
team all on TV ... it's a good time to be a Gundam fan, my friends =)

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler