Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 11:16:55 -0400

I'm curious though...why didn't he stock FZs instead of F2s? I would suspect
it's because a rather limited number of FZs were made at Granada, since Zaku
production was not as strong as those of Doms toward the end of the war.
This would also make sense considering the probable fact that FZs were
probably rather powerful-I mean, just look at what Bernie did to the Alex!
Also, the fact that Bandai/Sunrise probably wanted to introduce a new Zaku
variant, since a Zaku is probably more of a cult figure than the Dom
anyhow....

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On
Behalf Of Mark Simmons
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2000 4:33 AM
To: Gundam List
Subject: Re: [gundam] Delaz's fleet

Chris Maier writes

>When we see Delaz withdrawing from A Ba Wa Qu, we also see a group of
>Zaku-Fs and regular Rick Doms with him(Along with that Dom Funf). However,
>these suits appear to be missing during Delaz's fleet operation, and
>replaced by Zaku F2s and Rick Dom IIs. Whatever happened to these suits?

  I expect Delaz just ditched them at Granada and replaced them with
shiny new versions. Both the Zaku F2 and the Rick Dom II are listed as
being produced at Granada, and as we've discussed before, the 0083
opening animation shows Delaz gathering his forces above Granada after
abandoning A Bao A Qu. With a limited number of ships and hangar slots,
it makes sense for him to fill them with the best mobile suits he could
get...

-- Mark