Thomas Yung (msgundam@mediaone.net)
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:04:48 -0400

> Later on, they were.
> Initially (waaaaaay back when the Klingons still looked like bearded
humans), Klingons were a typical "evil empire" race, who were so paranoid
about treachery and possible security breaches that even the military
> commander had a camera in his office to monitor what he was doing.
> Such a race probably wouldn't be interested in building really big ships
for reasons of internal security. Give a captain the strongest ship in the
fleet, and there's always the chance that he'll use it... against
> you. A larger fleet of smaller ships makes a lot more sense in that sort
of environment.
> Also, with the exception of the episode "Balance of Terror" (a duel with a
cloaked Romulan Warbird - quick question - Its been how many years, and how
many generations of ships later, and they're STILL calling them
> Warbirds?), I really can't remember any straight-up starship combats in
the original series. Admittedly, I haven't seen too many of the old
episodes, but the only one I can remember that involves fighting with a
> klingon vessel also has the klingon vessel fleeing the moment the
Enterprise is able to let loose with a good volley.

It was roughly 100 years.

- Thomas -
Master Grader 'NOT' bater
eBay I.D.: msvgundam