Thomas Yung (msgundam@mediaone.net)
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:03:27 -0400

Alfred wrote

> And that's one of the most pathetic things about that whole series. They
will forever delay the Borg, never just getting it over with and beating
those bastards down completely. It makes no sense. Oh, weep for the
countless alien races that have been destroyed by the Borg. But don't stop
them from doing that to another 100 alien races, oh no, making the
> extra effort that any 21st century group of humans would is too below
their PC prissy ways. And the series would be over, can't have that. It
would be like if the Desert Storm army just engaged a few tanks here or
there, shot a few guys, didn't let Saddam expand out but didn't even really
damage his army. Crap.

The series would not just end if the Borg were to be totally eliminated, I'm
sure the writers would find a way to come up with another form of life to
challenge the Federation. Besides, it was also a morality thing with Picard
of not destroying any form of life. But if you were to put Kirk up against
the Borg, then there's the hero you're looking for.