Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
22 Sep 2000 13:22:45 -0000

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000 01:00:45 EDT BlazeEagle@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 9/22/00 12:29:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>jenius@unspacy.org writes:
>
><< Geez...some people are never pleased....first there are complaints about
>how the G-boys' VA sound too old, and now here is Van being too young and
>Alan's isn't mature enough (voiced by the same guy that did Zechs I
>believe).>>
>
> Each has their own opinion on how dub voices sound. You like Esca.'s
>voices, I don't. Simple as that. Everyone likes different things.

Dude....I was joking....see below.

><< JK. Seriously though, I have seen the entire series subbed, watched a few
>eps the night before its premier and I thought the voices were some of the
>closest to the characters I've ever heard on a dub. And I love Dulando's VA,
>and Merle's (Melulu? That's how it was done in the sub I saw. Anyways, Van's
>catgirl companion), and Van's brother...whose name escapes me at the moment
>were both well done too, IMO.>>
>
> What does JK stand for?

Just Kidding. IE, what I wrote before was not meant to be taken seriously. I hate using all those stupid symbols for faces in my messages.

>Dulando's I don't like as well. I like all the the
>Japanese voices better, they seem more natural then the dub voices do.

I don't agree. I think that Dulando's is great for that character...a nice, androgynous voice is perfect for this particular character...as for the others, they finally seem to match their ages, as has been a complaint about many VAs on this list before. The only one I don't like is the voice for Mole.

> Of course, I love the 0083 and 0080 dubs and several on the list here would
>disagree with me on that. >>
>
> I do like what I've heard of 0083's dub, haven't heard 0080's dub, though.
>Anyway, don't want to get into a debate about anything, so I'll leave it at
>this.
>

>Aaron

Agreed.

Roland