Leslie_R (trojan@atoka.net)
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:11:28 -0500

Roland Thigpen wrote:

> And there were many warriors among Star Fleet, not just scientists...what I have a problem with is ships designed more for exploration defeating purpose built warships. So, for that much, I will agree with you.
>
> Roland

from what i understand federation vessels were alot better balanced than
othe rdesigns, they had purpose-built science vessals so tehy weren't
all crammed ot the gills with sensors and whatnot with no consideratoin
for war, Klingons had a diferent view on combat and dying honorable in
battle and such, so thier vessle swere built hyper-agressivly.. very
fast, very powerfull, but relativly weak shields.. if you were able to
survive the first pass the odds could quickly shift in your favor

-Les

--
                                  -Balki Bartokamouse