Emery Calame (palaeomerus@excite.com)
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 01:10:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:47:54 -0700, gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> Peter Savin wrote:
>
> > >You can get Truespace 3 for $99 dollars these days off Caligari's web
site:
> > >http://www.caligari.com/index.html
> >
> > Wow, is it really that cheap now? That's pretty cool....
>
> Yeah, They came out with TS4 too fast IMO, which left them with alot of
unsold
> copies of TS3. TS3 is a very powerful, if somewhat buggy program and well
worth
> the money. I think TS4 is like $300 now (thats what I paid to upgrade
from 3
> when it came out..grumble grumble.) Version 5 will be out soon I'm both
eager
> and apprehensive, I already don't use most of the features. ^_^
>
> ---Brett Jensen

It's still $595 but if you try the demo they'll send you an e-mail about two
weeks later and offer the thing along with PlusPack2(adds target morphing, a
better subdivision smooth, and good UV mapping) for $299. They are also
offereing the shader pack which has (among other things) the Dark Tree
Symbiont plug in for $99.

Truespace three is $99 for the Labor Day special whatever the hell that is.

Emery
palaeomeus@excite.com