KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@rtsfan.com)
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:36:10 -0700

>Yeah! Looking very cool, very very cool! :) Are you working from
>orthographic drawings, or just doing it by eye/measurement? I can't see
>much to improve, accept maybe to make the lower leg a bit skinnier (just a
>taste thing).

Actually, I'm just doing by eye. lol...I'm using two pictures right
now...a scanned page (which I scanned) from my Entertainment Bible for
Gundam 0083. And a pic of GM Custom model off the Internet. A front and a
back on the scanned page, and a 45 degree angle of the head for the GM
Custom model.

> I can actually help with mapping coordinates if you want, this I'm quite
>good at. There's a lot to know...do you have any specific questions? On a
>dude like this who has a lot of flat surfaces, you can get away with alot of
>box mapping, or if you want to get real specific (and thus huge) with your
>texturing, you can map faces of the larger surfaces individually (by either
>detaching the faces or using multi/sub-object mapping). I wrote a tutorial
>trying to cover the basics of different types of mapping (yeah, it's a butt
>ugly Trek ship, it's just a tut man! ;} ). If you want to have a look, it's
>at http://v1.scifi-art.com/discovery/texturing/

Thanks I'll have a good lookie.

Kuren