KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@rtsfan.com)
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:33:50 -0700

>I think it's easier than drawing, because you've got the undo button. ;)
>It's more like drafting, you get the points down then move 'em around until
>you get it right. It requires more thinking skills and less artistic skills
>in many ways. If you don't have a good eye for proportions, you'll need
>orthographic views to work from. If you had those for this GM, for example,
>a lot of the modeling (at least the boxy parts), would be a matter of
>tracing and extruding. It can be a bitch, though, don't get me wrong. :)

yes it can...For the past several days...sigh...I should know!! =D

>I guess there are a few, but I've never found any good ones. I'll be giving
>out my Gelgoog to anyone who wants it...perhaps Kuren will be so kind as
>well? *nudge nudge*

lol...maybe for you guys, but I wouldn't pass it out on the net. ;)

>Ouch! I use 3DS Max, it's pricy as hell. TrueSpace is a good place to
>start, I think it's in the neighborhood of $400 or so, but there might be a
>demo. You also need a good 2d program for painting texture maps if you plan
>to do texturing. Paint Shop Pro is ok, but I swear by Photoshop (it aint
>cheap).

Max I think was 4800 USD. It used to be 3400 when it was rls 2...but after
3 came out (which was a BIT like Maya) the price went up.

Photoshop is the god of all 2D programs. 400 for educational and 800 for
full. It's worth it though...that's if you're into that business.

>3d modelling is super time consuming, and can get really tedious,
>frustrating, expensive, and it's easy to get obsessed. And it seems that
>the more you learn, the more there is to know (just like other computer
>stuff). Make sure your girlfriends OK with it first. ;P

lol I don't have one unfortunately...still waiting for my Noriko Sakai. ;)

Kuren