Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:06:06 -0700

BlazeEagle@aol.com wrote:

> Mind if I ask a couple of questions about this? Okay, here goes:
>
> 1. How hard is it to get started in Gundam 3D modeling? Can I get into this
> without any drawing skills? I can draw, but not very good at all. If anyone
> doesn't believe me, I can scan one. I warn you, it's not very good and you'd
> probably laugh at it! ;)

It's more like sculpting or building blocks than drawing, although drawing skills
can be useful.

> 2. Is there premade, uncolored models that I can color myself?

Precious few. If you wanna do that you should get that Japanese 3d Gundam program
(Can't remember the name)

> 3. What type of program, at a reasonable cost, do I need to do this stuff in?

You can get Truespace 3 for $99 dollars these days off Caligari's web site:
http://www.caligari.com/index.html

It ain't state of the art, but it's got way more features than a beginner needs,
plus it's damn easy to learn.

> 4. Is there anything else I need to know, before I get started, that I did
> not ask/Did not know to ask?

Modelling takes time and patience.

---Brett Jensen