Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
21 Sep 2000 02:04:11 -0000

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 01:56:47 GMT Chris Beilby <cbeilby@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> What is dark matter?
>
>I'm not sure, but it might be Anti-Matter...

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

NO! Dark matter is a theorized state of matter which supposedly explains why about 90% of the mass of the universe cannot be accounted for (don't ask me to explain, this is how I read it a while back). It is called dark matter because it cannot be seen or detected with our current technology. Therefore, no one has ever seen dark matter. Many scientists and astronomers debunk its existence, but studies are still going on (at least to my knowledge) to try and prove that it is out there. It might have some special energy properties to it, but I don't recall from the articles I read on it.

Roland