Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:24:28 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Maier" <oom9@crosswinds.net>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 9:27 PM
Subject: [gundam] Regarding PS2 compatibility with PS1 games....

> I'm wondering, it's said that the PS2 will be able to run PS1 games. Does
> this mean that when it comes to America, it potentially it will be able to
> run import PS1s? Or will there be a lock-out that will only allow you to
> play domestic playstation 1 games? This sort of relates to Gundam, as I am
> interested in the PS1 games, especially the revered Giren's Greed, and it
> would be good if I can play the games without modifiying my old
Playstation.
> BTW anybody know how I can get some of the import games? I know Giren's
> Greed and Generation F are realitively easy to find at places like
> express.com, but I'm also interested in older games like Char's
> Counterattack, Zeta Gundam, and the battle masters series.

    You are out of luck - all PS2 can only play PS software from their own
region (Japanese PS2 can only play import PS and PS2 game, while US version
can only play US PS and PS2 games). As for old import games, your best bet
is various online bidding site and maybe your local import game store, since
old games like that usually aren't stocked by most stores, including online
stores.