Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:10:03 -0700

KurenaiJiku wrote:

> Alfred,
>
> I'm trying to model the GM Custom's head in high poly...and trying multiple
> times...doesn't turn out too pretty in the end. Any tips on what to use
> for the head? Nurbs, patches (yeah right!), or good ol' modifiers? I'm in
> 3DS Max 3 right now...how would you go about modelling the different parts
> of the head?

Polys definately. Just play around till you get it.

I still remember the nightmare of creating the visor for my (Perennially
unfinished) Scopedog, ugh. Do you have any kind of plug-in that lets you smooth a
low poly base mesh? I don't really know the terminology, but theres a Plugin for
Truespace that does that, called Thermoclay. That's what I'd probably try to use,
it's much easier than nurbs.

---Brett Jensen